Isthmian North Round Up

Isthmian North Round Up

By Daniel Ellis
24 March
Share via

This week's round up

North Division
Leaders Bowers & Pitsea looked to have a tricky match in prospect as they hosted a resurgent Barking- but it wasn’t tricky for long. Within half an hour the home side were three goals to the good, Bradley Warner and Lewis Manor (2) finding the net. David Knight made it four six minutes before the break, and when Quentin Monville made it five before the break Barking must have been dreading what might happen in the second half.
Their dread was absolutely necessary. Knight got a second half hat trick, making it four goals for him alone, and a goal from Lewis Clarke meant that the match ended NINE-nil.

Maldon & Tiptree needed to bounce back after last week’s hammering at the hands of Coggeshall Town, but must have had hope, as they were travelling to face a Romford side who couldn’t buy a victory. It took the Jammers twenty eight minutes to go ahead,
Eddie-Louis Dsane opening the scoring, but they couldn’t hold the lead, John Maskell getting an equaliser after the break. Dsane then restored the lead, only for Greg Akpele to make it 2-2. Could the Boro go on and get a three points they desperately needed? Sadly for the home fans the answer was no, as Laste Dombaxe made it three and then Dsane got his hat trick to clinch the points with seven minutes remaining.

The Seed Growers had followed that hammering by losing to Brentwood in midweek, so were hoping for three points as they entertained Basildon United. The first half was goalless, but three goals in the last half hour from Nnamdi Nwachuku, Mekhi McLeod and Ross Wall ensured that Coggeshall ended the day in third place.

Sam Bantick scored two first half goals as Aveley made things difficult for relegation threatened Mildenhall Town, and when he got his hat trick eighteen minutes after the break it was as good as all over. There were no further goals, which left the Millers in fourth and Town eight points from safety.

Heybridge Swifts, walloped by Barking last time out, were entertaining Grays Athletic, and fell behind to an own goal after seventeen minutes. They were able to turn the game on its head after the break, Toib Adeyemi and Jack Adlington-Pile scoring to ensure that they maintain a fifteen point gap between themselves and sixth place AFC Sudbury.

Reece Harris put AFC Sudbury ahead at home to Witham Town, but the lead lasted two minutes as Town struck back through Chinedu Vine. Six minutes later and the yellows were in front once more, Tom Maycock with the goal. Maycock got his second midway through the second half to clinch the points.

Felixstowe and Walton United entertained Brentwood Town, and went two up within the first quarter of an hour, Liam Hillyard and Rhys Barber with the goals. Jack Ainsley clinched the points from the spot just after half time.

Sam Mulready put Soham Town Rangers ahead over Canvey Island from the spot, and that turned out to be the only goal of the game, leaving Soham in seventeenth and their visitors four places higher.

Finally, the Dockers of Tilbury were entertaining Great Wakering Rovers. It was goalless at half time, and still goalless with twenty minutes to go- but then Rovers went and scored three, Firmin Ngandu, Shomari Barnwell and Billy Johnson finding the net.

Our action had begun on Friday night, when Dereham Town and Bury Town served up a five-goal thriller. It was the home side that ended the night ahead, Adam Hipperson, Ryan Crisp and Rhys Logan scoring their three goals whilst Emmanuel Machaya and Tanner Call found the net for the visitors, all to no avail.

Share via